LegacyGT.com

Lifetime powertrain warranty New & Used

Sgt.Gator

My race car sponsor, Subaru of Bend (Bend Oregon) now offers a lifetime powertrain warranty that is good for New & Used cars.

I've seen some other Subaru dealers offering the lifetime warranty on new Subarus, but omg, on used ones too? The requirements:

"What vehicles qualify?

The Lifetime Limited Powertrain Warranty applies to new and used vehicles of any make and model sold by Subaru of Bend that are 5 years old or newer with less than 80,000 miles."

Holy cow, a used 4 year old WRX or STI with a lifetime warranty! Or any make and model! I'd drive that puppy into the ground for 20 years. Although I probably won't live that long so it really would be a "lifetime" warranty.

Details here:

http://www.subaruofbend.com/lifetime-powertrain-warranty.htm

Nothing like a race track to find the weak points in man and machine.

"Good Judgement comes from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Judgement"

That song plays on the sweet strains of the banjo... ;)

Interesting. They say the warranty covers repair by any ASE certified mechanic nationwide. You are still responsible for all scheduled maintenance, which is completely fair.

The list of items covered seems pretty extensive, though I saw no mention of gaskets or seals. CV joints are covered, but not CV boots? Clutch master and slave cylinders are covered, but clutch disks, flywheels and throw-out bearings must be wear items.

They must have a full-time staff of actuarial weasels. The phrase "Subsequent damages to or from non-covered parts are excluded" has much potential for abuse.

Archived