LegacyGT.com

Had my OE 3.0R Wheels Powder coated

Just got my OE Wheels back from Bonehead Powder coating. I picked this car up last fall to hold me over for about a year. 3 of the wheels were rashed pretty bad, so I wanted to get them redone to help maintain the re-sell when it comes time to trade it in. This is the car with the wheels previous to the recondition. Cant really see the imperfections, but you know how 9 yo wheels look up close...

IMG_0500.JPG.3ec1d69652e42aab2316de4284b77d6a.JPG

Looks great! I always liked the 3.0R wheels.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I like the looks, but man are they heavy. When I went to my STI BBS wheels I saved 8 lbs per corner with the new wheel/tire combo.

I like the looks, but man are they heavy. When I went to my STI BBS wheels I saved 8 lbs per corner with the new wheel/tire combo.

Im with ya there. If I weren't getting rid of the car in the near future, & the wheels were not rashed so bad, I would have totally opted for some nice upgraded wheels.

I figure this is the best way to ensure I get top dollar on a trade in at the dealer.

• 3 months later...
Did they repair the curb damage, or just powder coat over it so it's less noticeable? They look nice either way.

Thanks man!

They sanded out the curb damage. a couple of them were really bad, Im very surprised at how well they were able to recondition them.

Archived