LegacyGT.com

2009 Legacy Stereo system issues?

So I own a 2009 Subaru Legacy 2.5I Special Edition with the HK stereo system. The other day, I replaced my head unit with a Bluetooth model from pioneer. Threading being the audio was cutting in and out , so I figured since the Aux Jack was loose, it was that. After installing the new stereo, the audio was still in and out, but just the two 6.5" in the front and the tweeters and 5 14" in the rear doors. Finally, after driving for a few minutes, the audio cut out completely, leaving only the front tweeters and subwoofer working, and smell of over heating electronics. The system is 440w with a 10 ohm impedance (which is odd). I have checked all fuses, and even disconnected and reconnected the battery to check if it was in a form of protection mode. If it is the amp, what should I get for a replacement? Any help would be amazing.

I purchased the car 3 months ago 56k miles. There were two pennies jammed in the cigarette lighter. I needed a needle nose plier to pull them out, they were really jammed in there. They didn't just happen to fall in there. Two weeks later I'm having problems with the stereo. Anybody know why the pennies would be in the cigarette lighter. Was it preventing an electrical issue?

I have a feeling I should find out this problem before I purchase a new unit. Would hate to put in a new head unit and still have the speakers going in and out, snap crackle and pop. No one else with a 2009 have this problem????

• 3 weeks later...

Archived