LegacyGT.com

Fuel Lol sensor circuit high P0463 code?????

So I have been having this issue with the code P0463 for several months intermittent on and off . Check engine light on with cruise flashing . I finally think I may have found the culprit. I have included pictures of what I believe is causing the issue.

(Fuel Lvl sensor circuit high P0463-code)

What I would like to ask is , has anyone every had/found an issue with this connector? Is there a way for me to repair or replace it?

The female side clip has broken and it doesn't seem to stay in . I believe it keeps shifting causing the points to have a bad connection and resulting in the gas gauge to stop working which then causes the check engine light.

Any info on fixing this for good will be appreciated.

20170405_102836.thumb.jpg.f770519edf274261523a120ccabc20d8.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

1377178751_2017-04-0523_22_43.thumb.jpg.772d3e16cf6ed9606719532b2d6b678a.jpg

20170405_102933.thumb.jpg.e3e5dc13cec0401d93f358065a3c28d1.jpg

20170405_102919.thumb.jpg.63b4b29ab0fe8b0b52d04c07fef3612d.jpg

20170405_102903.thumb.jpg.08f836ba5eb809cb30c430e3c9af197d.jpg

Dielectric grease and a zip tie is the norm if you don't want to replace the connector. The angle of that zip tie is the problem. Peel back some of the tape on the harness and fish the zip tie through the wires to make it secure.

Dielectric grease and a zip tie is the norm if you don't want to replace the connector. The angle of that zip tie is the problem. Peel back some of the tape on the harness and fish the zip tie through the wires to make it secure.

Ok will try that over the weekend

Criss-crossing two zip ties will also straighten out the angle. If that's the problem.

I did have them criss crossed but when I placed the seat back it started to go in and out. So I did the one side for now, hoping to find a permanent solution.

It could be my technique though.

• 1 month later...

So quick update I followed the suggestions re correct way to zip tie and all and still had same results lie before . I took the car to a shop to get checked and diagnosed and was told that my BIU/BCM is bad and is not sending the correct voltage to fuel sending unit . Only 3 volts but correct voltage should be 5. I wa also told this is a dealer only type of repair .

Ouch! I'll withhold judgment since nobody knows if they did their due diligence but I'd get a second opinion. Anyone can replace a BCM, it's programming a new one that is the issue. If it was my shop and I didn't have the scan tool to do it I'd contact a mobile diagnostic company and have them flash it for me. If they were comfortable with their diagnosis why turn away money? Not all shops are the same so it could just be how they conduct business.

I wouldn't normally recommend it, but you could snip the connector and wire it up using male and female insulated connectors, or make it pretty much permanent and rock solid by using butt connectors. That's if you want piece of mind knowing that connector is not the culprit. If you haven't done so already, I'd pull the fuel level sensor out and visually inspect the variable sensor unless the shop said it's something they already did.

Archived