LegacyGT.com

HID 3000K Fog Lights

praedet

I have 4600K in my headlights, they have a significant output over their halogen counterparts. I don't think they would work as well in the foglights as the pattern is too low. I have yet to see how the headlights react to fog but I am geussing that they will be worse because they are whiter than halogens and will reflect a lot more.

Please re-read my post, I made no mention of using 3k vs 4k in the fog lights, I merely said that I think HIDs would not work as well in the foglight location because of their placement and I think the resulting beam pattern would be much too low. Hell, they don't even work well now. Plus there is a huge amount of wiring involved. I originally though HID's in the foglights would look really nice but after wiring just my headlights, I said "screw it" too much hassle to wire the fogs.

Please re-read my post, I made no mention of using 3k vs 4k in the fog lights, I merely said that I think HIDs would not work as well in the foglight location because of their placement and I think the resulting beam pattern would be much too low. Hell, they don't even work well now. Plus there is a huge amount of wiring involved. I originally though HID's in the foglights would look really nice but after wiring just my headlights, I said "screw it" too much hassle to wire the fogs.

It would work, and if they're not working for you now, you need to re-aim them.

^

- Take off the trim surrounds.

- Look inside the "hole" now exposed. You should see a long Phillips-head bolt, gold in color. This is the adjustment screw.

- Clockwise raises the aim.

Tips:

- Be careful, this is a rather hard-to-turn screw, because of its length, it wobbles quite a bit. You don't want to strip its head.

- Our fogs are true "fog pattern," designed so that the main hotspot dives into the ground some bare 3 ft. in front of our bumper. This is so as to minimize and virtually eliminate any refractive/reflective glare in true inclimate weather (particularly dense fog) conditions. Yes, this is piss-poor for getting good throw out of the lights so as to light up the road in front of you, but is *essential* for minimizing such harmful refractive/reflective glare in bad-weather conditions.

As such, if you raise the aim, you're now going to be compromising the true inclimate-weather illumination pattern of our factory fogs - just keep this in-mind as you play with your adjustments.

- Due to the above factor, I would HIGHLY recommend that you mark, on level ground, both your vehicle position (front tire contact lines, using "duct-tape" or chalk, works well) as well as beam hot-spot (again, chalk or tape this) and beam cut-off, in STOCK/OEM form. This will then allow you to return the aim to-stock, and will also allow you better control in aiming/adjustments.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Archived