LegacyGT.com

Aftermarket HU 2005 LGT

Crombie

Hey everyone,

So i've been looking at some solutions for and aftermarket HU in the models with dual climate control and had a few questions.

If I were to buy or fabricate a double din mount for the above cubby and leave the oem stereo alone would I need the i88 harness adapter still? Of course the stereo in it would be functionless until I could buy the actual HVAC unit from japanparts with the double din slot (plan on doing this later as I already have another stock bezel I can just throw back in when I have an extra 400 dollars).

My only real concern is the need for the i88 harness adapter. Anyone have any clue?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

You won't need my i88 harness, since you'll be leaving the OEM HU (with its integrated HVAC controls) intact. That harness is only needed when you install the JDM HVAC panel (or a non-USDM OEM HU) in place of your HU.

Since you'll still need to provide power to it on the 14-pin radio harness, the radio/CD portion will still function. You just won't be able to listen to it unless you take extra steps to pipe a pair of its speaker outputs into an aux input on your new HU.

Search for threads that describe "cubby" installs. I've posted in some of them.

Archived