LegacyGT.com

Radio turns on by itself.. can't turn off

Apex-XT

New issue, just started. Searched this thread and haven't been able to locate information on this.

While driving the other day, the radio just came on by itself. I could not push the Off knob to turn it off, and the volume could not be adjusted. If I stopped and turned off the engine / power, the radio went silent. But when I started the car again the radio came back on.

The only way I can get the radio to turn off is to turn the car off, wait for a few seconds, start up, press the Eject button. The system looks to eject a CD, then when it doesn't eject anything, powers off. The Load button works, but it will turn the radio on if it is already off. None of the other buttons work (or indicate they're doing anything) - power, volume, tune, station select, etc.

I have not pulled the fuse or disconnected the battery yet to 'hard' reset it, but will probably try that next, just don't have time right now.

Anyone else seen this issue? Any recommendations? On a 2006 OBXT Ltd, 310k miles, with Nav with back-up camera mod. TIA

300k miles, BNR 16g, CryoTune, 'Bullet-Proofed' IC, Motor rebuild @ 250k b/c of a cracked exhaust valve. Original 5 EAT. Oil changed religiously @ 3,000 mi.

Update... Pulled the negative term on the battery and left off for 30 min. After hooking it all up, the radio exhibited the same issue.

Anyone have an idea on what is going on and how to solve it?

300k miles, BNR 16g, CryoTune, 'Bullet-Proofed' IC, Motor rebuild @ 250k b/c of a cracked exhaust valve. Original 5 EAT. Oil changed religiously @ 3,000 mi.

Archived