LegacyGT.com

Vehicle Weight fee for registration in WA

Smithcraft

So I had to renew my tabs, and since last July, there is a Vehicle Weight fee.

According to my registration, my SpecB weighs a whopping 4,350 pounds. I know it's heavy but damn! So the fee, as per the rules, for under 4000 pounds is $38(but should maybe be $53?), and the fee for 4000 to 6000 pound vehicles is $48(but should maybe be $73).

I'm going to look and see about getting the vehicle weight corrected, but I don't expect a refund to be forth coming any time soon.

SC

1994 Legacy MI

2008 Legacy GT specB

2023 Crosstrek Limited

Ok, so I finally remembered to hit the scale on the way home, and she weighed in at 3500 pounds, give or take 10 pounds in either direction. So that's a quite a bit less than what Olympia thinks it weighs.

I still haven't heard back from anyone in Olympia, so I'll try a greater variety of contact methods later today/tomorrow.

SC

IMG_20170330_001821.thumb.jpg.dc4988e3cdacde3d36520c9bac71ad61.jpg

1994 Legacy MI

2008 Legacy GT specB

2023 Crosstrek Limited

• 3 weeks later...

It would seem that they do care what the scale says.

I finally got a reply from them yesterday, saying to take it to a certified scale and then take that receipt to a DOL office to get the weight corrected.

http://www.dol.wa.gov/vehicleregistration/scales.html

If I hadn't heard from them by Thursday, I was going to stop by the Covington DOL contractor and just show them the picture and see if they could correct it. I might still do that... ;)

SC

1994 Legacy MI

2008 Legacy GT specB

2023 Crosstrek Limited

Thanks!

I stopped by the local DoL contractor and waited to chat, not really expecting anything to happen, but when she tried to change it, it said that that would be a duplicate title and $10 to make it happen. She wasn't really sure what to do either way, so that might have been on her.

SC

1994 Legacy MI

2008 Legacy GT specB

2023 Crosstrek Limited

Archived