LegacyGT.com

Anyone replace their tires yet? What did you buy???

Pirelli P-Zero All Season Plus, new compound, from TireRack. Both Michelin and Pirelli have updated their compounds for better winter performance to compete with the Conti DWS06. Since the All season plus was not originally available in 225/50-18 (3.6r limited) all Pirellis in this size should be new compound, but it's worth checking with whom you buy them from. Nice tire. Quieter than GY LS-2, good handling in dry and rain. Seems to work well in snow and slush based on a ski country trip this weekend. Will update as I get some miles on them.

I saw somewhere that the new compound for 225/50-18 began production around week 42 (mid-Oct.) of 2016. I didn't know this size was not available in the original compound. Please share more observations as you get more miles on them. I have my eyes on this tire (Nokian WR G4s would be my first choice it they were available in our size) for my daughter's 2017 Sport, and am waiting for TireRack to publish winter-condition test results before pulling the trigger to replace the LS-2s. Although the urgency has diminished as winter should be pretty much behind us around northern NJ, they will come off soon as I'm not a fan.

I will get the Defenders and now they offer H RATED and that is what the Limited calls for. I WILL GO TO SAM'S just like VTDOG.

I looked on Michelins Website and they do not have an H series for 18 inch.

225x18x50 95H no go

Unless Michelins Website has not been updated then you are SOL going to Sam's Club and have them order them for you.😉

Laughter is the key to happiness

Laughing at Oneself and with Other is good for the Soul😆

I am so pleased that I can get by with all seasons now (no need to buy and store and swap a mounted set of snow tires) that if I buy out after my lease I will spring for the best tires I can buy when the OEM wear out.

It won't be Michelin defenders, that I can assure you.

With my 2015 WRX, that came with summer rubber, snow tires were both extra and mandatory where I live (~$1200+ for mounted snows from tire rack )

I generally run Continental DWS, I got a really good price on a set of BFGOODRICH Comp 2 A/S. So far, the grip rather well on corners, but they're not as smooth as my DWS and they're definitely louder with more vibration.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Anyone buy tires with the size 245/45/18 ?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

James, I just bought that size for my wheels.

Michelin Pilot Sport A/S3+....I've done about 200 miles on them so far..great tire so far.

Archived