LegacyGT.com

15 New Cars and Trucks That Will Still Be Cool In 2027

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/enthusiasts/15-new-cars-and-trucks-that-will-still-be-cool-in-2027/ss-AAmJHkL

Some cars never go out of style. It’s rare, but it happens. They get old. They get depreciated. But they never get uncool.

Some might call them modern or instant classics. Within a few years they’re no longer the latest and greatest, no longer the flavor of the month, but they remain special. Eternally special. Timeless.

These cars aren’t necessarily going to be worth a fortune someday. However, they probably won’t depreciate as rapidly or as far as other models. But that’s not what we’re talking about here. These are the cars car guys will always find them desirable. They’re the cars you end up shopping on eBay late at night 10 years later. They’re the cars that will forever excite you when you spot a clean one in traffic or in a parking lot.

Some recent examples are the Audi RS4. Or the BMW E36 M3. Or the Mercedes-Benz 500E, the one from 1992-1994. From America, it’s the C6 Corvette Z06, Hummer H3 T and the Cadillac CTS-V Wagon, bonus if it’s a manual. Maybe the Shelby Mustang GT500. And of course the Ford GT. The Japanese and the British build them too. Jaguar XK R, with the supercharged V8, Subaru Legacy GT Wagon, the one with the hoodscoop, and the Honda S2000 certainly qualify.

So we started thinking, what 2017 models will be forever cool? Which new cars and trucks on sale today will we by shopping on eBay late at night in 2027? Work on a list began with only one rule: The vehicle has to have an MSRP under $100,000. Any more than that and it’s just too easy.

Thanks Uncle. I am keeping mine. Picking up cheap parts here and there just in case, and have enough tools to keep it running for years to come. I like the way it looks more and more, and its' getting more looks from oncoming traffic as time goes.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

I am keeping mine, too. Both, in fact, though I am sorta considering selling one now that I added another car from the list above to the stable (2013 CTS-V wagon, manual, of course). Though I doubt I will do it. I may just mothball one and pull it out in 10 years ;)

Archived