LegacyGT.com

My Koni Insert Job

Hey guys,

Fairly new on here. I've been around but never really posted much but I finally took the initiative to figure out how to post pictures so I felt like showing off my recent Koni insert install work. Sorry, this isnt a tutorial or anything just showing the end result of the job done on the front shocks. Let me know what you guys think.

May as well give a little background on my car while im here. Its a 2005 legacy gt wagon BSM 5 speed manual w/ factory momo short shifter and factory sti pedals. Parts installed so far is a Cobb intake and box and a Cobb AP V3. Running stage 2 with a catted dp and gutted stock up and bp'd factory tmic. Ext. mods are just jdm spats, front lip made for the legacy, plastidipped wheels and a mesh grill. Suspension mods are, whiteline front 22mm and rear 20mm sways, mevotech aluminum control arms, whiteline rck, and now Koni inserts with H&R springs. Future mods to come, of which I have almost everything includes, 16g turbo, ID top feed conversion, DW 65c fuel pump, and have been looking into Delicious Tunings flex fuel kit but am waiting on more money and maybe a few other people to come back with their thoughts and reviews on the kit as it is fairly new. Ok, sorry for the long rant onto the few pictures I have, more to come!

324473918_2017-03-0921_48_58.thumb.jpg.e02abbe38835dbcce6e30bfdddf28f0f.jpg

173057876_2017-03-0922_15_13.thumb.jpg.bc1c2bfc32ee0e632a117aba1949395a.jpg

If you're wondering how I got koni to make actual struts for me instead of just inserts, they didn't! ;) JK guys I just painted my old strut housings and carefully removed the Koni stickers from the inserts and put them on the housings.

And here is a picture of my car after I just finished a job as you can tell with all the stuff in the back.

1032427147_2017-03-0921_39_45.thumb.jpg.412850ba10b57741389d5a86004d80cb.jpg

125196470_2017-03-0922_24_39.thumb.jpg.2626be66eebcdd0432cfdb0ce9f8a019.jpg

Let me know what you guys think. Anything and everything welcome. Im an ex mechanic. I used to work for Nissan and GM and now just do some side work and also do aquarium maintenance and installs and actually just started driving around for lyft a little bit. Its kinda fun cause I always enjoy driving for any reason. I love to mess around with my cars so any suggestions or critiques welcome. I may post a few pics of my 04 fairlady 350z in sunburst orange once im finished workin on her, if you guys want. Lookin forward to this forum, thanks guys!

So far so good, I literally just installed them. The pictures of the car were taken before the koni/H&R install so no drop there but it's about an inch lower now. I used to have wagon Swifts on stock struts which was a little rough but to even out the height I may try putting the wagon Swift rears on the back and keeping the H&R fronts because I read the Swift fronts didn't pair well with the Koni's. I loved the height with the Swifts all around but it wasn't too practical as a daily so I'll probably have a set of wagon swifts for sale shortly or a nifty sedan setup of Swift fronts and H&R rears.

I don't care too much drop on the front myself. You did good.

Keep me in mind when you decide to let the Konis go.

I will be using my oem springs. (compliance reason)

Archived