LegacyGT.com

ABS defeat?

LittleBlueGT

I don't have fuses there in my 05. Checked earlier tonight. I have a relay block with blue relays, but no fuses anywhere other than my tan fuse block. Could my car just not have fuses there or am I just crazy. I even have the entire dash apart. Not sure how I'm missing this. I of course don't have VDC... Will check the FSM again to try to get to the bottom of this later.
[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Crap, 05 vac pix diagram looks different. No fuse. It looks like you have to tap into terminal five of B159 harness to get the same (hopefully) result. I'd pull the terminal off the harness, start the car, press the brake pedal and see if you get what I get - ABS light on, and hand-brake light off to make sure it would do the same as on 08.

2005 5218.pdf

Thank you!

I will give it a shot once car is done (<1 month). Perhaps LBGT can guinea pig this on his 05?

Man, I got lilke 5 people that want me to tune their cars, and I just don't have the time.

I am still not running my alky yet.:mad:

You can do it!:)

• 5 months later...
What about putting a ''switch'' on the wire #20 in connector B301' date=' it seems it would only cut power to the ABS module !?[/quote']

You cut the wire to the ABS, you disable EBD. Cut the wire and you get a F&R ratio of what????

If you don't know, then don't do it:lol:

On the other hand, (if you like driving a roller skate:) disable the ABS, and for the love of God, do NOT move the steering wheel, because all you have is front brakes.:lol:

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

I use to have a switch in my 04 WRX and it did disable the EBD, witch made the car tail happy under braking, but I only turn it off while driving under 80KPH. At hyway speed, it was always on, to keep a better response for emergencies.

So I don't mind having the EBD or VDC off, but i would like to be able to switch them on, on the fly !

I think one thing mentioned before was that once the connection is opened, the ABS light will stay on, meaning ABS and EBD will possibly continue to stay off even after the connection is closed again (resetting after each ignition switch cycle).

That and Subaru couldn't have possibly designed a system that would EVER leave an operator wanting to override or change it. Except the engine, transmission, suspension, certain BIU features, etc. But who's counting...

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

I think one thing mentioned before was that once the connection is opened, the ABS light will stay on, meaning ABS and EBD will possibly continue to stay off even after the connection is closed again (resetting after each ignition switch cycle).

There is a way :)

Archived