LegacyGT.com

Power Folding Mirrors

Hey all,

So I saw on japanparts that they added an item called Door Mirror Auto System.

https://www.japanparts.com/parts/detail/50078

That item is only ~$140 so I was wondering if anyone knows the difference between that and the Power Folding Mirror Pair Set listed in the link below for ~$790.

https://www.japanparts.com/parts/detail/47112

The door mirror auto system is simply a module that folds the mirrors automatically when you lock/unlock.

You need the power mirrors for it to be of any use.

Reading the description, I think you need to have power folding mirrors, and a switch that activates them already to use that kit, it does look suspiciously cheap, it looks like a modification to use the key lock and engine start to automate the folding, so you don't have to manually hit the existing switch.

Reading the description, I think you need to have power folding mirrors, and a switch that activates them already to use that kit, it does look suspiciously cheap, it looks like a modification to use the key lock and engine start to automate the folding, so you don't have to manually hit the existing switch.

Right. That's what I said lol.

Lol thanks, thought I was on to something but I can't justify $800 for folding mirrors to the misses. Now if it were a trunk actuator like on our outback I may buy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

$800+ (add another $140 if you want it automated), + time to install, you would be better off financially hiring an undocumented worker to flip the mirrors back for you, if manually doing it yourself is uncool.

Archived