LegacyGT.com

Cusco F/R Lower Arm Bar/Braces Review...

inthedeck

I think that doing just the front one might not be a good idea. The rear end of the car will be too unsettled, I would think, with the smaller diameter rear bar, and overly large front bar.

As for improving steering input, you might want to try the steering rack bushings, from Whiteline. There's a thread somewhere, here, with information on how to install them. I think it was boxer gt 2.5 that did it, not too long ago.

I think that doing just the front one might not be a good idea. The rear end of the car will be too unsettled, I would think, with the smaller diameter rear bar, and overly large front bar.

I disagree, it will help the front turn in better and allow the front suspension to keep its geometry better.

It will likely help reduce understeer by a tiny winy amount.

But from a cost-value ratio I would get the rears first. It will also keep you out of the alignment shop.

I disagree, it will help the front turn in better and allow the front suspension to keep its geometry better.

It will likely help reduce understeer by a tiny winy amount.

I am no expert, but, YMMV on that one.

As for the steering rack bushings, here's the thread I was talking about...

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24651

Hope that helps.

Thanks guys! I do have the STI steering rack bushings installed, but IMO they didn't do the job for me. I'm looking to tighten up the steering feel, and the bushings actually made it kind of lighter. I want the steering to feel as if the front wheels are better planted to the ground or as if there is more weight on them for a feeling of more stability.

Stock tires (I know, I know ...), stock struts (JDM Bilsteins Spec B rev A are coming from Japan within a month), Swift springs.

Don't even worry about the steering for now, your suspension changes will have a huge affect.

FWIW I have the same dampers on ION springs, and love it! The steering is almost M3ish IMO.

• 4 years later...

Archived