LegacyGT.com

Gasoline

Thanks for the info ammcinnis. I've always heard and read that the higher elevation greatly effects what octane level the engine will run on but either missed or forgot why. Makes sense now and I get no pinging with 85.

...Manual says 87 on it but if I can continue to get the mileage I am, I'll stick with 85.

Are you sure that's not E-85? That's an ethanol blend with 15% ethanol. I didn't know that any automotive gas was sold in the U.S. with an octane rating of less than 87. (E-85 can have an octane rating of 87, however, it usually results in a further reduction in mileage, which you don't seem to have)

Are you sure that's not E-85? That's an ethanol blend with 15% ethanol. I didn't know that any automotive gas was sold in the U.S. with an octane rating of less than 87. (E-85 can have an octane rating of 87, however, it usually results in a further reduction in mileage, which you don't seem to have)

I'm also along the Front Range of Colorado and yes, Regular is 85. Mid-Grade is 87 and Premium is 91. It goes back to what a previous poster said with the altitude here.

I was surprised the first time I came to Colorado and saw the 85 and I actually filled up on mid-grade for a little while.

Archived