LegacyGT.com

LED-Compatible Relays

The CF18 LED turn signal flasher will do the trick. Around $10 from www.diodedynamics.com or www.superbrightleds.com . Works just like the OEM one, but won't hyberblink with LEDs.

I was using one of these previously, but I actually have one of the TapTurn flashers in my LGT now and love it; my favorite feature is probably the approach/departure lighting. But, yes, they are a bit pricey if you don't want all the extras and just want to run LEDs.

I didn't have any issues with the hazard lights with the CF18 I had (it came from superbrightleds). If I remember, the lights did blink a bit fast when locking or unlocking the car. Instead of a two second long flash (maybe it wasn't that long) when locking it with the OEM flasher, it would do like a half second flash with the LED flasher. More like a camera flash going off. And when the car was unlocked, the two flashes would happen so fast it seemed like just one. Wasn't an issue to me, but it was different.

We put one from Diode Dynamics in my dad's BRZ a few months ago, and he has no issues at all, everything works just like original.

Update as promised.

LEDs went in without issue (barring my stupidity and forgetting about polarity) and the relay works (mostly) as promised. The only real issue I've been able to tell is that the circuit that flashes the lights in the security system has some capacitance (most-likely for timing) built in. If the lock/unlock button is pressed on the remote in quick succession there is a strange quick flash in place of the normal long flash. This is most-evident when trying to lock the car with a door open causing it to flash three times. One of the flashes will be very quick while the others will be normal-length. If you allow a few seconds before pressing the button again the system behaves like normal. It's odd but under normal operating circumstances it won't be observed.

Thanks again for the input csaari!

Archived