LegacyGT.com

Car sat, finally idling correctly but now...Boost?

Hey all!

I have a tome under another topic regarding this 2005 outback XT with 140k that has a new engine and it's third turbo.

Never legally on the road. Drove it down the road for the first time yesterday (illegally)

Thanks to a few of you, I figured out its idling woes thanks to a dumb shop and misconnected hoses.

Now, it doesn't feel to me like it's getting any boost. I've been up and down the forum looking at different posts and I'm just not seeing what the problem is. I'm also admittedly overwhelmed. N/A Subaru stuff I can do in my sleep. This thing is not in my normal wheelhouse.

I'm also wondering the best order to do things to this car. The rotors are shot all the way around. It sounds like the front needs new wheel bearings. There's a whine upon startup coming from the AC compressor (think the clutch is seized) and the tires are out of alignment and balance. I also wasn't easily able to get the car above 85-90, like power is just not there.

And then, general maintenance. I just feel like I'm going to forget something here and screw things up once it does its upcoming cross country trip.

I know I need to recheck hoses. I should also take off the turbo again and check it. What else?

As always, I appreciate your time and thanks in advance!

Archived