LegacyGT.com

6MT Transmission Snout

After looking at some pics of toasted transmission snouts on 5 speeds i'm starting to think mine may be shot as well. I haven't been able to find any pics of a 6 speed though.

My throwout bearing was broken on the outside.

What ya thinks

IMG_2149.thumb.JPG.79514508184972e3cf7885b8a8180411.JPG

IMG_2147.thumb.JPG.e0063f43f65fc7a862dfb54a13f323f8.JPG

Wow, how much noise did that thing make with the clutch in? I'm always perplexed how people can get to that point; mine made quite a racket, and the snout got just the tiniest bit of scuffing. Anyway, you are super lucky. Unlike the 5MT, the 6MT has a replaceable snout. So yeah, go for that. And a new seal.

Wow, how much noise did that thing make with the clutch in? I'm always perplexed how people can get to that point; mine made quite a racket, and the snout got just the tiniest bit of scuffing. Anyway, you are super lucky. Unlike the 5MT, the 6MT has a replaceable snout. So yeah, go for that. And a new seal.

Really wasn't making too much noise in gear (except in first which i figured was fairly normal for the 6 speed)

and none when the clutch was pressed in.

Don't know if you've seen my story but I only drove the car for a day or two before tearing it down lol i'm sure i would've noticed more noises

Might be: 30461AA000 - bothers me because that's from the 2008 6MT but it shows three bolts and your pictures show four

and there is an oil seal behind it... 806728090

Diagram appears to show 4 bolts but product pictured looks like 3? I also see there is an option for oil pump and excluding oil pump.

IMG_2209.thumb.PNG.dfb42c291ccf956ff40ed8eaa88414a1.PNG

Archived