LegacyGT.com

Thanks for Eyesight

In this clip, the usually "clown like" presenter is quite restrained, and I think he provides food for thought for all drivers, ..... and also maybe provides extra reassurance to those of us who chose the "Eyesight" option. We might occasionally be accused of driving "Nanny cars" .... but if it saves me from any of the situations described in the video, then I don't mind being "nannied."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wMog93zd1g

I'm curious how Eyesight works in bumper-to-bumper stop-and-go traffic. Does it throw you off by braking for you at the same time you were going to? Do you prefer to disable it in certain kinds of traffic?

I have never had a problem in that regard. A driver would have to get to "almost" hitting the next car before the automatic braking would take over, and by that time a normal driver would have started "normal braking" which overrides the eyesight.

I find it does lag a little more than if I was driving as the traffic is moving off.

You also have to re-engage it each time you come to a complete stop.

Having said that I still use eyesight in city traffic as I feel it makes for a more relaxing drive by keeping a fixed distance from the car in front.

You can obviously take over at any time but the automated system works quite well.

Archived