LegacyGT.com

08 lgt 5eat serious issues

Kotfl

new member 1st post, I've got some helpful information from this forum in the past, I'm hoping someone here might have some advice for me.

I have an 2008 legacy gt with the 5eat, right b4 Christmas I hit some road debris that took out my transmission pan, fluid loss burnt the clutches out. Insurance coverd transmission replacment with factory subaru reman tranny , approximately $7,000 worth of parts and labor. I took it to the local subaru dealer. B4 I got my car back they inform me that my turbo is bad. It was in proper working order when they picked the car up, I I specter the exhaust fins to ensure they didn't smash them somehow when replacing the trans but I saw no signs of damage. The shaft broke between the impellers. It did have 107,000 miles on the turbo so I figure it was past due so I did some reading and orderd a vf52 as the replacment, dealer Installed it, ripped my turbo inlet tube by over tightening the clamp to the point it squeezed the rubber through the clamp and cut it in 2 as well as striped a stud and gave me the car back with an exhaust leak and my heat sheild in the trunk. Oh I forgot to mention the banjo bolt, I read about it, orderd a new one from their parts department, told the service advisor to put the new one in and the never touched it, said the 08 didn't have a filter in the banjo bolt. After arguing and showing them the filter in the new bolt from the parts department that was never given to the tech, they replaced the banjo bolt. They told me their were metal shavings in my oil but could not provide me with a sample, pic, or my oil filter when asked. The screen in the old banjo bolt was clean, car has always had full synthetic oil changes every 6k.

Now the fun starts, the trans is slipping, took it back they added fluid, picked up , still slipping, took it back, they cleared some codes , drove it 30 miles, said it's good, pick up, slipping. Take it back again, test drive with service writer, slips so bad we almost have to walk back, hard parts start grinding., they order and install 2nd reman trans, pick up car, make it one block away, dash lights up, car won't move, they tow it back. I haven't had my car since mid December. Now they want to replace the tcu on my dime. And can't guarantee it will solve the issue.is their any chance that the vf52 turbo is messing up the tcu? Car is bone stock other than k&n filter. I suspect they either damaged wireing or somehow shorted out the tcu when replacing the trans. Any thoughts, ideas or condolences for that matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Bryan

Archived