LegacyGT.com

7 inch Starlink display

Hi folks, new to the forum and now a proud owner of a new 2017 Legacy 3.6L that I just bought 2 days ago. Last car was a Toyota Corolla of 8 years which I drove into the ground so super excited about this one.

I did notice one annoying thing as I drove off the lot because it was sunny.. does anyone else have a glare problem with the whole starlink controls display? Due to the material and how shiny it is, the sun reflects off of it quite well and usually right into my eyes. I bought a screen protector from Amazon to see if it'll help, haven't received it yet to test out https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LZ8HENE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

But I wanted to know if anyone else is experiencing this and how you've dealt with it. Thanks!

Never had issues with any glare from it,I tinted all my windows except front windshield since I have the eyesight package.

yeah tinting would definitely solve it, but I dont know if I want to go that route. maybe if it's still an issue later :)

I was tipped off when i picked up my car:

i think they told me i needed to change the contrast level on the radio, the change i made fixed that issue!

There are reflective parts on the display that are not technically the screen, so even if I changed the contrast, light would still bounce off of the non-screen parts. I specifically noticed this as I drove off the lot, the sun was reflecting off of a part that wasn't part of the screen :)

Archived