LegacyGT.com

does anyone know if... the automatic climate control head will....

I was ordering a new plate with the cutouts for the heated seats and I noticed that they said that the automatic climate control will fit the base 2.5i just wondering if it would. for $200 I would swap it in a heart beat

2014 legacy is the model

I believe someone looked into this a long time ago and there were numerous parts besides just the control panel that needed to be swapped out to work with auto climate control.

Yes I remember because I asked the same thing- cheaper to sell the car and buy one with it.

That said, I've spent too much time with manual controls.

My current vehicle has 'Auto' and I hate it. I'd give anything to swap it down to manual.

I love the climate control, my wife does not, although both vehicles she has had with it are either full auto or not. The Odyssey to me has an good control unit but she always has it in manual. I think she wants the cooler air without the fan blowing harder or something IDK.

I love the climate control, my wife does not, although both vehicles she has had with it are either full auto or not. The Odyssey to me has an good control unit but she always has it in manual. I think she wants the cooler air without the fan blowing harder or something IDK.

I almost *never* touch my climate control. I just leave it on Auto at 70 degrees pretty much always. The only time I adjust it is if I'm on the phone and need to slow down the fans or need to blast air on the windshield.

Different strokes and all that, I get it, but I'm pretty happy with how it manages the temperature in the cabin.

Yes I remember because I asked the same thing- cheaper to sell the car and buy one with it.

That said, I've spent too much time with manual controls.

My current vehicle has 'Auto' and I hate it. I'd give anything to swap it down to manual.

I am confused by this. Can't you just turn it off of auto and manually select your settings?

That's what I have to do in the summer since the light sensor is not calibrated for the Phoenix sun and heat, so it turns down the AC in the shade.

I am confused by this. Can't you just turn it off of auto and manually select your settings?

That's what I have to do in the summer since the light sensor is not calibrated for the Phoenix sun and heat, so it turns down the AC in the shade.

I have auto in the Flex not the Subaru.

Not sure how it works in the Subaru, but in my Flex the Auto setting controls vent's fans speed etc.. When it's not on auto, the temp is still controlled automatically- that's what I don't like.

I like the air blowing at me from the dash vents. When it starts getting close to the set temp, the air start getting cooler- don't like that in the winter.

With a manual system- set it at the temp you like coming out the vents- done.

Sounds like one Ford issue...among many, lol. My in laws Explorer has crappie ac control as well. Way too cold, and that asinine rear lock.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I won't insult your inlaws- but don't understand the issue with the rear lock. I turned it off when I bought the Flex and done.

I don't see how it could be a Ford only issue.

The entire point of Auto units is they maintain a set temp.

If you set it to say 74 degrees that's what the system will try to maintain in the vehicle. In 'Auto' it will change blower speed and air temp to maintain that temp.

Overriding the Auto feature doesn't change the fact you've set the AC/Heat to maintain the 74 you set it at. The difference is you've overridden the fan control and have turned it on full time, so now the only way to maintain the 74 degrees is to lower the air temp coming out of the vents as you approach 74.

I like that in a manual system I'm setting the temp of the air coming out of the vents, not what I want inside the vehicle.

The entire point of Auto units is they maintain a set temp.

If you set it to say 74 degrees that's what the system will try to maintain in the vehicle. In 'Auto' it will change blower speed and air temp to maintain that temp.

Overriding the Auto feature doesn't change the fact you've set the AC/Heat to maintain the 74 you set it at. The difference is you've overridden the fan control and have turned it on full time, so now the only way to maintain the 74 degrees is to lower the air temp coming out of the vents as you approach 74.

That's just not how it works out though. If I'm driving in rush hour and I go under an overpass, the light sensor turns on the headlights and turns down the AC. It seems to take into account the light level as one of the variables, but it does it horribly. It sucks when it's 120F out and it bumps the AC down from 5/5 to 2/5.

Don't get me wrong, I love my auto AC, but it does have limitations. It works best in long trips and cool days.

That's just not how it works out though. If I'm driving in rush hour and I go under an overpass, the light sensor turns on the headlights and turns down the AC. It seems to take into account the light level as one of the variables, but it does it horribly. It sucks when it's 120F out and it bumps the AC down from 5/5 to 2/5.

Don't get me wrong, I love my auto AC, but it does have limitations. It works best in long trips and cool days.

My comment was speaking to generic units. Subaru adding a light sensor seems pretty stupid and make me even happier that we don't have auto in our subaru.

When you say bumps it down, I assume you're talking about the fan.

Does it change the temp setting?

Yes, but it's the worst in the summer. When it turns down/off the AC you get a blast of humid air and even as it ramps it back up it takes 10ish seconds for the air to cool down again.

It's fine in the winter. I leave on auto set to 69 for like 6 months straight, but in the summer I have to constantly adjust it.

Yes, but it's the worst in the summer. When it turns down/off the AC you get a blast of humid air and even as it ramps it back up it takes 10ish seconds for the air to cool down again.

It's fine in the winter. I leave on auto set to 69 for like 6 months straight, but in the summer I have to constantly adjust it.

See you made my point for me.

Now, I don't live in a desert, but I have driven my car in a few near 100 degree days and I've never ever experienced this behavior. If the car is hot, the AC blasts. I could start the car in a covered spot and the AC will go balls-out immediately.

Archived