LegacyGT.com

Cabin Wind Noise

Hello Fellow Forum Members,

I own a 2016 Legacy Limited and continue to suffer from wind noise when driving on highways. I've owned a few different cars in the past, some more and some less expensive than my Legacy. And I have to say, even those cheaper cars were more quiet inside.

Based on the browsing the forum, it appears to me that it's the front windows and the small triangle windows that are causing this issue. Anyone had self repair tips? If not, what repair options did your local dealerships offer? It's just very odd that even traveling at 45, 50 mph is causing so much wind noise.

Thanks.

The dealership offers something called "warranty". It's a neat little program where for the first 36k miles everything on the car that fails will be repaired at no cost to the buyer.

Now some folks find it ridiculous to believe that a company would fix things for free but trust me, it's true!

I've even heard a rumor that your very problem has been solved in such a fashion.

So give warranty a try. You might be surprised.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

There was a TSB for the front side window seals, but it is possible that the fix was already applied to your 2016.

I have a 2017, it isn't that bad noise wise, but I am pretty sure if I went to the dealer that they would say the TSB does not apply as any fix had already been incorporated into my car due to the later build date.

I had the window fix applied and it made zero difference. General consensus is the noise is turbulant air from the mirrors.

Ditto here. Same on 2015 Legacy and 2016 Outback we own. Kit made no difference. Looks like Subaru has redesigned the mirrors for the 2018 refresh to address the issue..

Archived