LegacyGT.com

Part number check for lower rad hose + thermostat?

Hey guys, dealer told me my I have a slight leak around my thermostat, and recommended changing it and the lower radiator hose and changing coolant....for $260 !!!! :spin:

Thermostat is like $25, gasket is like $3, rad hose should be $10-20....$210+ for an hour labor and coolant? Looks like I'll do this myself.

I have PNs, but unsure which lower rad hose I need, can anyone tell me the PN of the lower rad hose coming off the thermostat/WP? Fairly certain it's correct but want to be sure so I'm not sitting there holding my you know what with the wrong part after draining the coolant. It's a 2010 2.5i Legacy CVT

Thermostat - 2010 Subaru Legacy - 21210AA120 - $23.26

Gasket - 2010 Subaru Legacy - 21236AA010 - $2.68

Lower Hose - 2010 Subaru Legacy - 45520AJ070 - $28.58 w/out CVT

Is this the same hose that comes off of the WP/thermostat housing?

Thanks everyone

Edit: are OEM Subaru thermostats still the best ones, or has that changed? Remember everyone hating on aftermarket thermosats

You said 2010 Legacy CVT

Quantity Product Stock Number Price EA

1 HOSE-RADIATOR OUTLET 45161AJ100 $17.64

1 THERMO AND GASKET ASSEMBLY 21210AA120 $21.56

Getting the clamps off may be the hardest part. Double check to see if any of the thermostat housing bolts are covered by anything before you start working if you can.

You said 2010 Legacy CVT

Quantity Product Stock Number Price EA

1 HOSE-RADIATOR OUTLET 45161AJ100 $17.64

1 THERMO AND GASKET ASSEMBLY 21210AA120 $21.56

Getting the clamps off may be the hardest part. Double check to see if any of the thermostat housing bolts are covered by anything before you start working if you can.

Thanks Shadow. You're not in the NB/Fall River area are you? Don't see many 5th gen LGTs around, but I remember seeing a black one a few times.

Archived