LegacyGT.com

2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia

Performance is impressive. Shame about the styling. The face looks like a child being forced to eat their spinach. ;)

I have to disagree Miles:)

My fathers original 71 1750 GTV will be in my garage in a couple of months, same color and wheels.

alfa.jpg.dc477d7a15a16e62dffdfca422c18745.jpg

1971-Alfa-Romeo-1750-GTV.thumb.jpg.e8ae6055633814e2d5b54b5c66d91b86.jpg

It is available in MT but!

"The six-speed manual gearbox, standard on (and available only for) the Quadrifoglio, delivers the purer driving experience, but it’s clear that less development effort has been expended on shoring up its working relationship with the V-6 engine. The gear changes have a nice weight to them, and the manual is fun to row quickly, but gentler progress reveals that the heavily boosted engine suffers from noticeable turbo lag. Below 3000 rpm, there’s a distinct pause followed by a swelling sensation as the horses take a couple of seconds to gallop in. The eight-speed automatic’s ability to either drop a gear or to slip its torque converter helps spool up the turbos more quickly, and those horses pretty much drop through the ceiling. Although the auto’s gear changes aren’t as quick as those of many dual-clutch automatics, they’re faster and less dramatic than the speediest made with the manual gearbox."

Not really my point, maybe they will depending on sales. I surely don't think the lack of a MT will have any affect on sales numbers, since many of it's sedan competitors only sell approx. 1/3 in MT's.

This was interesting too, fastest sedan track record @ Nurburgring, set with 6 MT, curious what the AT will do!

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-shows/frankfurt-auto-show/news/a26699/the-510-hp-alfa-romeo-giulia-qv-is/

Oops 7 seconds faster in the AT.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/alfa-romeo-giulia-gets-its-groove-back-fastest-again-at-the-ring-video/

LOL, coming from a LGT member that's quite hilarious

I got rid of my LGT almost 10 years ago.

I stick to Toyota products for reliability and durability, as well as LSx powered performance cars because that motor is almost bullet proof.

Archived