LegacyGT.com

Rear brake pads

Going to be changing my rear pads soon once the weather warms up here in NJ

Do I need to bleed the brakes if I'm just going to do the pads?

Also when changing them I should take the e brake off right and just leave it in gear I have a 5 mt legacy

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• I Donated Too

No you do not need to bleed your brakes to change the pads but you probably should because I bet the fluid hasn't been changed in a long time. However I suspect since you're asking this many questions you aren't really sure what you are doing or you are very new to all this?

Brakes stop your car and you don't want to make a mistake with these parts. If the fluid hasn't been changed in a long time the bleed nipples might be a bit hard to get loose and you do not want to ruin them or the caliper. Do you have a friend who is knowledgeable and can help you and teach you and provide some additional courage?

You do not remove your e-brake when you are doing pads. You can leave it on or off but I would take the time to chock the front wheels/leave it in a gear and adjust the e-brake while you are doing the pads.

What tools do you have to compress the caliper pistons safely? What color is the brake fluid in the master cylinder reservoir?

Archived