LegacyGT.com

Intermittent Right blinker issues...

I have upgraded all bulbs on my vehicle to LED years ago and they still work...

The issue I am having is with the speed regulator of the flasher for my right turn signal...sometimes it is normal, sometimes it quick...

Watch Brief video of issue...it is confused...all bulbs function well.

Is this a relay issue or a more serious electrical issue?

The fast blinking screams at me like the kids behind me who ask me "are we there yet?"

What gives? any clue?

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Fast blinking is often deliberately designed into the flasher to let you know a bulb is burned out or defective. Even though you think that your LED replacement bulbs are working, it sounds like the electrical system sees something it thinks is abnormal. Could be the LED bulbs, or possibly the wiring. You may need to troubleshoot with a multimeter to find your issue. Another test you could do is swap right and left bulb and see if the fast blinking moves, also.

Fast blinking is often deliberately designed into the flasher to let you know a bulb is burned out or defective. Even though you think that your LED replacement bulbs are working, it sounds like the electrical system sees something it thinks is abnormal. Could be the LED bulbs, or possibly the wiring. You may need to troubleshoot with a multimeter to find your issue. Another test you could do is swap right and left bulb and see if the fast blinking moves, also.

I am aware of that issue...however...When i get out of the car in park with the rapid blinking...all bulbs work and the rapid blinking coincides with the one on dash... How can i test this wiring issue as a novice DIY person?

Is the multimeter next to the flux capacitor? Help. Pls... Ty

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

These things can be difficult to troubleshoot, especially remotely. Sorry, if you are looking for a quick fix. You have to figure out what is going wrong.

People have been sold on the idea that LEDs last forever. This is not true. Unlike incandescent bulbs, LED fixtures can fail gradually. There is circuitry that drives the LEDs, so if water gets in, corrosion occurs or components start going bad, it will affect the performance. Even though the lights appear normal to you, something has probably changed internally.

I understand if you don't want to troubleshoot. Maybe you can find somebody locally to help you.

Archived