LegacyGT.com

Fixing a secondary air valve? Can it be done?

I've bin geting error codes on the secondary air valves about 3/4 times a year now on my '06 NA 2.0 Legacy. I did some youtube research and moust involve removing the system and reprogram the pcu to ignor it.

The access to the valves them selfs on a non turbo is werry easy. I was thinking about removing the valves and try to clean them up. I'm gessing its mostly carbon blocking them and the code is usual valve stuck open.

Has someone done that or is this a fools hope?

• I Donated Too

What are the codes you are actually getting? Some of us will not be so familiar with these because the majority of us on the forum have early 2.5 GT engines or air pump deletes on the later cars but we will be more than happy to try and help you.

I would go ahead and remove and try and clean the part anyway since you seem to suspect that might be it.

Once you have the valve out, access to its internals is feasible, and cleaning should be possible. However, a full delete is easier and more rewarding, and blanking plates are not expensive.

But how come people insist on puting the plates on the head? Looks to me instaling them after the valve is mutch simpuler

And I don't have the tecknical knowledge or equpment to permenently delete the error.

Ps. Englis is my third language. Whats feasible?

But how come people insist on puting the plates on the head? Looks to me instaling them after the valve is mutch simpuler

And I don't have the tecknical knowledge or equpment to permenently delete the error.

Ps. Englis is my third language. Whats feasible?

Feasible = possible

Take them out, clean them. Make sure they move freely.

If they still don't work, the motor or sensor is bad and will need to be replaced.

Feasible = possible

Take them out, clean them. Make sure they move freely.

If they still don't work, the motor or sensor is bad and will need to be replaced.

Exelent. I'm not shur when I'll have time to do this but I'll post back on how it whent. Posible with images or vidio

• 2 weeks later...

Update.

It seams my hopes have bin crused. I removed and opend one of the valves today. The sealing ring on the valve was badly damaged. I don't have the wiaring diagram so I can't manualy open the valve. And I Don't thinke the ring is sold.

I'll poste pix when I get home.

Archived