LegacyGT.com

4th gen LGT Suggestion and advice on SWAYBARS

EZKickBack

Hello everyone I need some advice on picking a setup for my swaybar setup. I have a 2009 LGT manual and need a setup to stiffen the car. I would like it so that I can corner better and help me put down the power! I will be tracking the car for fun of course and it will be a daily driver. What size setup do you guys recommend me and brand?

Thank you everyone.

to make a good recommendation, it would be good to know your tire/spring and shock setup first.

having said that, try to get the biggest bar up front as you can find. once you get on the track, and see how the car feels, you can see if you need more rear roll stiffness, which of course will depends on the tire/shock/spring setup.

Same question, different requirements. I have an '05 LGT wagon with stock shocks and H&R Sport springs with 1/2" saggy butt spacers. It's a basic stage 2 daily driver which I routinely use to cart my 3 kids around. Have never and presumably will never track/autocross it. I'm generally happy with the height and feel, but I would like less roll when tearing around the traffic circles, etc. How do I go about selecting sway bars or whatever else I should select? Thanks!

Best bang for the buck for a street car is better shocks and firmer rear ASB. Then replace the front lower control arm bushings and your handling will greatly improve. Group N makes a firmer version of the stock bushing, alternatively Whiteline makes a kit that adds some front caster and firmer bushings to replace the LCA tennis balls.

Well this looks like it's turning into an advice thread. ASB is my next suspension upgrade.

Currently my car has what feels like a fairly violent transition coming out of a turn. Could just be that I'm not used to a car this heavy.

Currently sitting on Ohlins R&T 550#F/450#R, stock anti sway bars, white line adjustable rear control arms, Super Pro Anti lift kit.

I think some bigger anti sway bars might tighten everything up that last little bit. The sharp rock back to center was not confidence inspiring.

Same question, different requirements. I have an '05 LGT wagon with stock shocks and H&R Sport springs with 1/2" saggy butt spacers. It's a basic stage 2 daily driver which I routinely use to cart my 3 kids around. Have never and presumably will never track/autocross it. I'm generally happy with the height and feel, but I would like less roll when tearing around the traffic circles, etc. How do I go about selecting sway bars or whatever else I should select? Thanks!

I have an '05 LGT wagon with JDM Bilsteins and 1" spacers and a Whiteline 20mm rear swaybar. Mine is also a Stage 2 daily driver that I haul around 4 kids in. That swaybar made all the difference in cornering. Found it (barely) used on eBay for $100 (steal) and installed it the other night. Now when I take a corner, I can apply power as I'm entering and she'll just swat slightly and pivot, it's an amazing difference.

The Bilsteins absolutely helped, but adding the 20mm rear sway brought it all together. Understeer is basically gone.

@ infosecdad, what springs do you have with your set-up? Do you have 1 inch tophat spacers on all 4 corners or just the rear?

I have a set of JDM SpecB Rev.B wagon strut/shock/spring.

I think the front is high because it's supposed to handle the weight of the 6spd.

I was dragging my hitch on all sorts of things, so I picked up a set of 3/8" paranoid fabrication rear spacers. After measuring and thinking for a while, I decided that I wanted more lift to handle gear in the back and that two of my kids are now teenagers. So I picked up a set of 3/4" spacers as well. I ended up stacking them so technically it is 1 1/8" in the rear. With the hitch and other stuff I stash in the wheel well it leveled out just about perfectly with the front.

IMG_2878.thumb.JPG.71b72374366bde6e70c443432ca68fef.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

I put the Whiteline RSB (I think there is only one choice) on my OBXT almost immediately after buying the car in 2012. I set it to the stiffest setting and have had no complaints. It was an easy install for me here in AZ, but you do need to remove both mufflers to get it on so if that stuff is rusty it will add some drama.

HTH, Doug

Hello everyone I need some advice on picking a setup for my swaybar setup. I have a 2009 LGT manual and need a setup to stiffen the car. I would like it so that I can corner better and help me put down the power! I will be tracking the car for fun of course and it will be a daily driver. What size setup do you guys recommend me and brand?

Thank you everyone.

Archived