LegacyGT.com

Where have some of the old features gone??

agctr

For the MY01, the AT model had two buttons, a POWER button and a HOLD button. The POWER button obviously remapped the ECU to give the car more power when required. (have to admit, I have never used it). The 2nd button, the HOLD button is actually for the snow or slippery surfaces. When switched on, a little snow flake appears on the dash indicating you are in this mode. The car's ECU is then told to take off out of 2nd gear and not first to reduce wheel spin on take off. It also very handy when you are on a slight hill or incline as with most AT cars the car will roll forward as still in gear. With this function is turned on, it wont roll anywhere which is a great feature. Unsure why they havent put these feature into the new GT. Subaru Oz were unable to answer this either?

• 4 weeks later...
If you want power mode, leave the shifter in the sportshift area and don't shift it. The POWER light should come on on your dashboard. I think also that the sportshift eliminates the need for a HOLD feature. [quote name='agctr']For the MY01, the AT model had two buttons, a POWER button and a HOLD button. The POWER button obviously remapped the ECU to give the car more power when required. (have to admit, I have never used it). The 2nd button, the HOLD button is actually for the snow or slippery surfaces. When switched on, a little snow flake appears on the dash indicating you are in this mode. The car's ECU is then told to take off out of 2nd gear and not first to reduce wheel spin on take off. It also very handy when you are on a slight hill or incline as with most AT cars the car will roll forward as still in gear. With this function is turned on, it wont roll anywhere which is a great feature. Unsure why they havent put these feature into the new GT. Subaru Oz were unable to answer this either?[/quote]

Archived