LegacyGT.com

Is the klunk at start up normal?

I'm getting a jolt, can't think of a good word to describe it, about a half second after I start the car, feels kind of like a hard transmission shift. I haven't really noticed it until a few weeks ago. It seems to be getting worse as the weather gets colder. Anyone else experiencing this? I have the 3.6 by the way

I've got a 2015 3.6r and haven't had any experience like this and it has been getting down into the single digits here at night. I know my car received a notice to have the ignition relays replaced due to issues with cold weather, but I have no clue if your vehicle would be in that service campaign or if it would even apply to what you are describing.

Out of curiosity, if you let the car warm up for a period of time and turn it off and then turn it back on, does it still do it? Or only on the first start when its cold?

I've noticed this, I think. Mine is a very, very distant bump or jolt, very mild in my case. It's as if shortly after the engine starts, some until then stationary component, suddenly takes off and spins to life. It's weird so I figure it's the CVT doing it's initial warm up thing. Only notice this when the drive line is completely cold like in the morning or after noon after work. Most days I don't notice it at all but I'm probably used to it.

I've also experienced this. Was wondering about it myself. Can't say I noticed it last winter. Hopefully someone can find a logical explanation for it.

Personally, I don't need nor will I look for an explanation. It does what it does and I'm good with that. If it quits I'll let service know what I heard and wait on warranty to repair my car. Life is too short.

Archived