LegacyGT.com

So I had to make a trip to the post office...

You should try a day of driving in Boston.

1. Nobody uses their turn signal. Ever.

2. They never use their mirrors either. (Coupled with #1, this makes for some really interesting situations.)

3. If you are first in line at a red light, and going straight, the person at the other side of the intersection preparing to make a ***left*** apparently has the right of way. As soon as the light turns green, 9 cars out of 10 will go WOT and try to scoot left in front of you. And the best part is, sometimes the guy ***behind him*** will do it AT THE SAME TIME using the lead car as a shield.

I've never seen anything like it.

So what I like to do is drop the car into sport, power brake just a touch, and jump off the line, causing an instant OH MY F-ING GOD! expression on the face of the left-turning douchebag as he empties his bowels whilst trying to decide whether to lock up the brakes, or stay on the throttle and pray I don't broadside his Saab.

Selfish pricks. I hate Massachusetts.

:mad:

On a side- I'll be in Buffalo next weekend for a charity event at the Saturn Club. I was hoping to get to stage2 before then so I could go mess with my M3 owning friend's head- but I don't think it's going to happen in time.

:D

I can vouche for this I went to Boston 3 months or so ago and I hated the whole trip once I got to Massachusetts. Everytime I went to change lanes there would be lots of room and then the person already in the fast lane would see me put my blinker on and speed up on purpose so I couldn't move over. I had the same problem in MA on the way to TDC as well. That state just flat out sucks to drive in. At least this time I had my GT instead of my Maxima so I had the power to back up the pricks closing in on me when I wanted to change lanes.

Buffalo sounds a lot like Rochester. Worst damn drivers and pedestrians in the history of the world.

I can vouche for this I went to Boston 3 months or so ago and I hated the whole trip once I got to Massachusetts. Everytime I went to change lanes there would be lots of room and then the person already in the fast lane would see me put my blinker on and speed up on purpose so I couldn't move over. I had the same problem in MA on the way to TDC as well. That state just flat out sucks to drive in. At least this time I had my GT instead of my Maxima so I had the power to back up the pricks closing in on me when I wanted to change lanes.

I grew up in NJ and lived in Boston last summer. NJ drivers are consistently assholes. They will all do their best to run you over.

In and around Boston on the other hand it's worse but not because of what you'd expect. It's worse because some of the drivers will do their best to run you over and run every red light they can. Yet other drivers are timid and afraid that gas pedal on the rigth might bite them, or that oncoming traffic will speed up to hit them if they turn on to a street.

RobY - I was stuck on the boulevard doing 35 behind a pair of cars that were blocking both lanes the other day. That would have been OK, save for the fact that I live ON the boulevard close to Main, and had to go up to North French. I feel your pain brother...

And for those of you that don't get the pleasure of driving in Buffalo, Niagara Falls Boulevard goes from a 35 to 40 to 45 in that order, south to north.

I have to agree with the theory of "reverse natural selection" or whatever you'd like to call it too. Most intelligent people realize that they can only (or only WANT to) take care of a handful of kids - let's say the 2.3 average. Those who I will politely refer to as "lacking intelligence" will likely "grow up" to the age of 13, at which point they will begin reproducing like rabbits. The end effect? The dilution of the gene pool, and survival of the dumbest.

It's ok though I guess; I only give the human race another 500 years before we nuke ourselves.

Archived