LegacyGT.com

Building a na block

So I'm going to engine swap my car. How, when, and with what is not yet determined.

I have an opportunity to get a stock EJ25 out of an 2000 for free. So I'm posting here to ask about building that motor in stead of buying a already turbocharged motor. I know that I would obviously need things like:

Pistons

Rods

Bearings

Possibly different heads

Then of course all the turbo peices

So what are your opinions. Any and all advice/criticism is welcomed

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I have an opportunity to get a stock EJ25 out of an 2000 for free. So I'm posting here to ask about building that motor in stead of buying a already turbocharged motor. I know that I would obviously need things like:

Pistons

Rods

Bearings

Possibly different heads

Then of course all the turbo peices

stacks on stack on stacks of money

So what are your opinions. Any and all advice/criticism is welcomed

there fixed that for you.

I'm assuming it's SOHC. In which case there's alot of stuff on the imprezaRS forum about turboing them. I wouldn't turbo my car unless I got a DOHC but that's just my preference.

Most people use Manley Rods/Pistons/Bearings because they work.

You could buy a used turbo "kit" off a junk wrx. Going top mount with the intercool and hood is easier than trying to fit a front mount.

As far as heads those can be built up as well.

I'm assuming it's SOHC. In which case there's alot of stuff on the imprezaRS forum about turboing them. I wouldn't turbo my car unless I got a DOHC but that's just my preference.

Most people use Manley Rods/Pistons/Bearings because they work.

You could buy a used turbo "kit" off a junk wrx. Going top mount with the intercool and hood is easier than trying to fit a front mount.

As far as heads those can be built up as well.

It is a SOHC motor. Why do you recommend a DOHC instead. Also what can be done to build up the heads

So a friend of my dads offered to give me an old motor he had for free and I'm a little bit confused about which phase EJ25 it is.

The motor is out of a 2000 legacy so it's a SOHC but underneath the Japan stamping on the top of the motor under where the power steering pump goes there is only a single molding bar. That should mean phase 1 block right?

So is this a phase 1 or 2 motor. I need to know so I can go about acquiring internal parts

Archived