LegacyGT.com

I can't see where I'm going....

DAP

Light tan interior, sun shining in the rear window, dark trees behind me, I get so much glare from the rear shelf reflecting off the rear window, it is hard to see where I am going when I'm backing out of my garage in the morning.

I'm very tempted to replace the rear shelf parts with those from the charcol interior, but I havn't been able to see these parts to tell if they are dark enough to actually improve the situation. Are they grey which won't help much, or black? I'm hoping they are at least as dark as the front dash board.

RearWindow.jpg.ccd212abd4a0e964339bc52ab4b7208b.jpg

Light tan interior, sun shining in the rear window, dark trees behind me, I get so much glare from the rear shelf reflecting off the rear window, it is hard to see where I am going when I'm backing out of my garage in the morning.

I'm very tempted to replace the rear shelf parts with those from the charcol interior, but I havn't been able to see these parts to tell if they are dark enough to actually improve the situation. Are they grey which won't help much, or black? I'm hoping they are at least as dark as the front dash board.

If you drive with your windows down much, the rear window will always get that haze well before other windows. Use Stoners Invisible Glass Cleaner to clean your rear window inside and out. Should solve your problem.

-S

If you drive with your windows down much, the rear window will always get that haze well before other windows. Use Stoners Invisible Glass Cleaner to clean your rear window inside and out. Should solve your problem.

-S

Why is that? Something to do with the "new car smell" that fogs the windows?

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19264&highlight=stoner%27s

:)

Most good cleaners will help you with this situation, however, it will continue to recur, and that recurrence will depend heavily on your vehicle and its unique "blend" of plastics that's evolving the dreaded vapors ;) , your A/C usage, as well as just the alignment of the stars.

Best bet? When you notice the "haze," give your windows a good wipe-down with a dry, clean, microfiber cloth.

I typically can go about a week or so of haze-free using the Stoners cleaner.

Best of luck!

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Archived