LegacyGT.com

AEM Cold Air Intake

warnoldscu

When are these going to be avail? If they are, who has them, best price, etc? Cold intake air is ALWAYS better than hot intake air.

05 STI CGM~520whp/463wtq...more to come!

08 STI Aspen White/Gold BBS~305whp/365wtq:D

Both tuned by Scott Siegel!

Not that restrictive. Not anymore than sticking a filter in your fenderwell and thinking thats gonna suck in more air.

It does suck more air. Tune one with a stock intake and then one with a GOOD CAI and see which makes more power. Not only does the round filter have twice the filter surface, but it also has a better flowing, smoother more direct path into the engine.

Sorry for the long time before response...

They tested it on my car, and the dyno graph on the site is of my car. However, they didn't give me the test unit as they used that to make the production model, so basically it was only on my car for a couple days while they tested.

Supposedly they are going to send me one as soon as they release them, but I haven't receieved it so I don't know what's going on. Soooo.... I don't have pictures of it installed, though I'll send an email to AEM to see if they took some of my car with the tester on there (hadn't thought of that until now).

I asked them after they tested it if there were any problems, and of course they said no, but I don't know if that's helpful because obviously that's a biased answer.

Weston

rant:

Just thought that I would post up that the person I've been working with at AEM officially has been absolutely HORRIBLE. Besides the fact that he missed his predicted shipment date by AN ENTIRE YEAR, he returns about 1 out of 5 of my emails, and that's only when I title them something like "WTF." I was supposed to get the first one they shipped out, but they've been shipping for over a week now and he won't even reply to confirm that he has my address!!!!!

endrant

Sorry about that, but maybe that will save someone the grief of actually trying to offer their car to AEM for R&D.

warnoldscu - If and when you get it, can you run some logs for us? I think I can assume that there are a few of us who would like to view the results to determine if this CAI has similar affects on MAF readings as a WAI does resulting in lean conditions.

Maybe the elongated tube and bends allow for better airflow across the MAF... I'd be curious to see what the difference in results would be comparing a tune with a CAI vs a tune with a WAI. Maybe the CAI will be better for untuned cars and the WAI will = CAI when tuned. That's my speculation...

Sleepin gt... you have the aem intake? Maybe then you could fill us in on the performance. I am upset with the way they have treated me, but I can't speak about whether the product is good or bad. I hope it's great since I'll be getting one sometime soon (hopefully)... but honestly I don't know if I'm going to keep it - maybe I'll just sell it to someone who is more confident in the gain from a CAI.

• 1 month later...
Any new info on this intake? Good AFR's? MAF readings? CEL's? Info please...

I'm just the guy you are looking for :) ... I bought the AEM CAI from Weston with the intention of getting an 18G turbo installed and tuned at the same time. To make a long story short, I received a bad 18g turbo and since I already have the intake installed, I may as well strap it on the dyno and see what kind of gains I got out of the CAI. My mods before the CAI are:

sti uppipe

PDE wrx downpipe

perrin TMIC

protuned accessport stage 2

Since the protune, I have added a 3 inch crush bent midpipe to the stock Y and stock mufflers, and the AEM CAI. The results were quite suprising to me. I gained a total of 29 peak torque and 19 peak hp. Granted that the condition this time around was a bit better (15 degrees cooler) but the results are still quite a pleasant suprise. Here are some pics.

1468728076_caidyno003.jpg.cbb1d0cb23f9f6fa93dd53dc6729830e.jpg

1017612762_caidyno004.jpg.5910020bbf675357ded7f8ae841f4bec.jpg

118453394_caidyno005.jpg.27be3ec526fd20f06c3d957905e6c33d.jpg

2138369973_caidyno006.jpg.03a61e93c0cd2149a5e854f6bece028f.jpg

1187863564_caidyno002.jpg.868a1af8cbe16df14c0dfd39c1b49727.jpg

PM sent.

Thanks!

I'm just the guy you are looking for :) ... I bought the AEM CAI from Weston with the intention of getting an 18G turbo installed and tuned at the same time. To make a long story short, I received a bad 18g turbo and since I already have the intake installed, I may as well strap it on the dyno and see what kind of gains I got out of the CAI. My mods before the CAI are:

sti uppipe

PDE wrx downpipe

perrin TMIC

protuned accessport stage 2

Since the protune, I have added a 3 inch crush bent midpipe to the stock Y and stock mufflers, and the AEM CAI. The results were quite suprising to me. I gained a total of 29 peak torque and 19 peak hp. Granted that the condition this time around was a bit better (15 degrees cooler) but the results are still quite a pleasant suprise. Here are some pics.

Archived