LegacyGT.com

Reinstalled Stock Head Unit Not Working Help Please!!

Varano14

Title says it all. A few years ago I took out the stock head unit and installed an aftermarket double din. I have the base 2.5i so it was easy as the HVAC wasn't an issue. Go forward a few years and I will soon be trading in the legacy and want to put the stock head unit back. I plugged everything back in and am only getting static through the radio. Nothing is displaying on the screen. Now it has sat on the shelf in my garage for awhile but it never got wet or anything like that.

Only thing I am not sure about it the large black connector input on the bottom right of the rear of the head unit. I can not find anything that goes there. My guess is that it was for steering wheel controls which my car does not have so it makes sense I can't find it.

Any guesses or suggestions as to what is going on would be great. It won't be a huge deal if I have to leave the aftermarket head unit but I was concerned that its presence could affect trade in value.

Nothing works. I am getting nothing on the display screen. When I turn the car on I get static as if the antenna is not plugged in. If I press the power/volume knob the static stops and it will come back if pressed again. That is the only thing I can do. I tried pressing the other buttons but nothing happens. I did initially plug it in without connecting the ground so I though maybe a blew a fuse but after checking them all they are fine.

I am starting to think I somehow damaged the radio.

Thats what I figured. Now the question is should I try to scoop up one from ebay to reinstall or just leave in the aftermarket one. My concern is it affecting trade in value. It is fair from a high end unit. Being young and ignorant I cheaped out. Now it performed fine for my needs for over 5 years so functionally it works fine nothing wrong with it everything works as it should. Any opinions on whether it is worth buying a replacement or just leaving it as is.

Archived