LegacyGT.com

Is This Stealth Marketing?

If you watched 60 Minutes last week you know what stealth marketing is. Promoting a product without the public knowing you are being compesated for promoting the product. I have benefited from this site and enjoy it, but if this site is not a Subaru stealth marketing site or if Subaru does not have employee monitoring site, they are missing out. gtguy, before he bailed, said that sites like this are a pain in the ass for car companies. As a past VP of Gobal Mktg & Sales that had a large user group site, I agree, but I always had two employees participate on site and we got some good mktg feedback from site. People on this site have listed quirks missing features that Suby seems to be very aware of. Now if I could just decide whether to buy the Leg GT/Ltd or OBXT/Ltd and put some hot 235/45/18s plus a rear swaybar on OB. Regardless, this site well managed and offers valuable info.

SOA does read the fan forums, in fact when the new Legacy came out, they invited many of the top internet site owners to come out and test drive it. Unfortunatly this site was not that popular at the time.

Guest *Jedimaster*
[quote name='irunfromcops'][quote name='jedimaster']You like...pie?[/quote] cayke is way better than pei[/quote] :lol: Thought I was alone on that for a minute.

in being TOTALLY neutral here... I would think that there are truly two/three sides to this story. I am not biased in any way. 1. Subaru is listening, and has these so-called 'spies' checking in, and being at one, on the board, while providing feedback to Subaru, about peoples' cars, intentions, desires, need, etc. They paid 'Tide' a significant amount of money...and now 'Tide' has become an official Subaru/Apple spy!!! hehe. :| 2. Tide really did get paid, walked with the money, and is now asking for donations, because Subaru paid him so well, that he needs money to support the board, while milking people dry? :| 3. Maybe the thread starter is the one watching, and this is his way of letting the board know. :| oh well, I guess I will never know the true story...but will remember that 'big brother' is always watching. Later, i.

Guest *Jedimaster*
Bah. So what if they're watching the boards. Bottom line is they'll know if you abused your car whether you post about it or not.

"Dad is great! Give us the chocolate cake!" I was surprised that Tide didn't get a nod to go to the Ride & Drive event, but the site was still pretty new. I guess it didn't seem that new to those of us who were whoring it up every day since near the beginning, but it really was. If you want to know that you are being monitored/read, go to [url]www.edmunds.com[/url] . There is a chance your writings will get noticed, but nothing like writing subaru directly.

Oh I wish Subaru gave me some money, but no. :( I'm impressed with Subaru with feedback via email. I hear many stories of people emailing and getting personal, detailed responses. I emailed them when Safari didn't work and it was fixed the same day.

Very surprised that my “stealth marketing” question/comments generated so much negative vibe and defensiveness. I re-read my post and it still sounds very positive and complimentary to site. Even said that Subaru was missing out if they did not have a presence on site. I had at least five positive comments about the site in a ten line post. What was intended to be an interesting idea/discussion obviously touched a sensitive spot for most others. I am glad to hear that SOA does occasionally review site because it shows they are listening to some of their most knowledgeable, loyal customers.

MtnSub, I don't know if the edmunds comment sounded negative to you or not, but that's just the only site that I know of that has a known, active member/poster that works for SoA and happens to be in product planning areas. You're right that they would be very smart to lurk around, and they probably are. Unfortunately for them, there are about a bazillion Subaru sites now for them to watch. Can we even list them all? [url]www.legacysti.com[/url] [url]www.legacycentral.org[/url] [url]www.rs25.com[/url] [url]www.nasioc.com[/url] [url]www.i-club.com[/url] [url]www.subdriven.com[/url] [url]www.subaruforester.com[/url] [url]www.forumsubaru.com[/url] [url]www.ultimatesubaru.net[/url] [url]www.clubwrx.net[/url] [url]www.wrxforum.com[/url] [url]www.gartland.com[/url] [url]www.edmunds.com[/url] [url]www.subaru-svx.net[/url] [url]www.wrxyz.com[/url] [url]www.stiforum.com[/url] [url]www.wrxlinks.com[/url] I'm sure that there are more as this is just some from a yahoo search and ones I just know of.

Archived