LegacyGT.com

Review: Gel Gloss Glass Wax Cleaner

I stumbled across this glass cleaning product and am very impressed with it:

Gel-Gloss Glass Cleaner Wax.

Pretty cheap, available through ACE hardware stores.

I came across it from a you tube video on fast way to 'super clean' windshields: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MH21yBofqPw.

When the time changed, my commute ended up being in the dark and the streaks on my windshield, especially the inside became aggravating. I've tried many glass cleaners like Meguiars, Invisible Glass, Eagle One and basic windex. I also have a 'special' waffle pattern glass micro fiber towel.

Regardless of approach and product, I've always ended up with streaks or haziness. So I have been interested in the detailing videos/reviews of "super-clean" methods. Some popular ones include using a razor blade scraper, 0000 steel wool, DA polisher in combination with your glass cleaner.

After seeing the video and identifying the product at my local hardware store, I thought I'd give it a try.

I really like the results. Tonight my windshield was the clearest it's been with limited haze/streaks/glare from oncoming headlights.

I'm still not sure the best way and amount to apply it. Like any wax, it can be problematic if you apply too much. It also creates more arm fatigue just by virtue of the wax on wax off application method. It definitely takes more downward pressure to remove the dried wax haze. I tried applying with my Porter Cable DA polisher then putting a polishing bonnet over the pad to remove it. That worked okay but think applying by hand might be better. I need to try one of those wool polishing attachments like the guy showed in the video.

I'd also gloves next time like suggested in the video.

So anyway, this might be of interest.

NS-8_med.png.24f88b409ef00a333ec147c3bdf5a64e.png

Archived