LegacyGT.com

Anyone have a Injen intake

cbroo

cool, but what do you think would happen if snow got up in to the fender area. I'm just worried snow gets up in my engine and ruins it. Where are you from peachangelmusic. just curious. Is there alot of snow from where you are from.

I live in the mountains of North Carolina. There shouldn't be a problem with snow because the fender area is covered by the plastic wheel well piece. Just in case, I am putting a heat shield around the filter angled toward the area of possible moisture penetration! It is cheap... maybe $15 at Advance auto parts.

Snow/Water-ingestion is often cited as a fear with true cold-air systems.

However, at least in my experience from having lived in the mid-Atlantic and then here in the oft-snow-bound midwest (NE-Ohio), this is truly a more academic concern than practical.

Over my last 15 years or so of driving variously "dropped-to-the-ground" DSMs, many of which had anything ranging from home-made ductwork to full true cold-air intakes, despite driving through some torrential rains and quite a bit of built-up snow, water (and snow)-ingestion has never been an issue.

If you're still worried, definitely, try either going with "S"-bent, home-made ducting to supply outside air to a more inboard-mounted filter location, or, alternatively, go with either a home-made or aftermarket shield to deflect water from potential ingress locations. Another option would be the use of various in-line "bypass valves," but typically, these have foam-elements of their own, and their somewhat less-strictly Q/C'ed manufacture have led to foam-ingestion in a few noted cases.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

• 2 weeks later...
I put mine on 2 months ago and I love it. Mine is an auto tranny - but with the new intake it redlines when pushed! I would definately suggest getting the full CAI (behind the fender) and not the short ram version.

--Kelly

Did you order the Injen list for the 99RS? Since I noticed that they don't list an intake for the 99 Legacy.

Thanks

Archived