LegacyGT.com

Steering Responsive Fogs - disable? NO!

I prefer to only use the fogs when necessary. I'm not a fan of using them when unnecessary.

If they were actually fog lights I'd understand but they're really just auxiliary foreground lights, hence why you can't run them without headlights by default.

I run mine all the time cause they're my DRLs.

An option would be to disconnect them and rewire on a separate switch but chances are you'll get "SRF disabled" and a little on the dash.

I have hids in mine wired to a relay. They are only connected using the left connector due to the relay connection. The srf is not disabled but if you turn them off only the left side is activated with srf.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

• 2 years later...

newbie here

excuse the thread bump

but i'm so glad i found this thread lol

had my 2015 2.5i Limited for about a month now and my wife drives it mostly so i don't really get a chance to check it out and learn about it. tonight i made a quick fast food run and noticed that the fogs turn on -- while switched off -- individually based on if the steering wheel is at least like 1° in either direction.

i remember seeing this phenomenon happen when my wife was driving up our driveway once and thought a bulb was out or a switch was bad. tonight i really thought the switch was bad until i realized that they were illuminating based on steering too.

cool as hell, in my opinion. got lots of backroads where we live.

also, now i know what the SRF OFF button is for lol. thank y'all