LegacyGT.com

Help, gas leaking, cobb installed, new car to me, full tank of gas.

WaRpEd

Hello,

Recently picked up an 06' legacy gt.

Last night I installed the Cobb accessport v3 and uploaded the stock 93 oct map stage 1 map. I have no modifications on the car.

As part of the install it used the "test mode" and it states that the fuel pump will go on/off.

The cobb accessport installed fine no issues. I never started the car up last night and went to sleep. Today I drove my other car to work and when I got home opened the garage to a gas smell.

There is a puddle of gas in front of the rear right wheel.

Is this a problem from installing the cobb and not driving right away or something with the cobb install? Or was there a previous problem? I drove the car approximately 100 miles before installing this and there was no leaks before. But I also just filled the tank up for the first time the same day I installed the cobb accessport. Also note it was about -5deg F when I filled the tank.

Any help would be appreciated not sure what I should do or be looking for to be safe here.

Flashing the ECU with the Accessport will have no effect of leaking fuel. If fuel is leaking by the right rear tire, it might be a leaking hose to the charcoal container. A few members have reported this in the past. You'll just have to climb under the car and wipe everything down to pin point the leak. I'm sure you'll find it by wiping all the hoses down around that area.
My wife's balls are delicious.

I have the same leaky gas problem as you do and I haven't found the problem yet. I replaced the fuel pump assembly gasket and it didn't help at all. I think I'm going to end up putting some UV leak detector in the tank and then using a black light to find the leak... after it warms up this spring.

I watched them do the brake line recall/check on my car and they didn't come anywhere close to the rear axle. The only spot they touched on my car was at one of the junctions (?) near the front of the car.

After you solve your problem don't forget to post the solution for the rest of us :)

Update. Brought it back to the dealer and Im told pinholes in gas tank and rusted out by the strap that holds the tank. I was told I need a new tank and should replace the fuel pump and fuel neck at the same time and it would be $2100.. I quickly said no and called person I just bought it from and Im taking it there today and well see what he finds.

I've had the same problem with my 05.

it turned out to be a combination of the tank to pump gasket getting hard with age combined with the retainer ring "rust jacking" up. the retainer ring is a two step assembly with compression stops. once rust forms under the stops, it lifts slightly, unclamping the gasket. swapping the gasket did nothing, but a new gasket + grinding off all the rust significantly slowed the leak.

easiest way to check is to remove the rear seat cushion, then open the fuel pump access hatch.

• 5 weeks later...
****FIXED***Sorry for the late response. The leak was coming from the fuel pump area replaced the seal and it was still leaking. Then found a hairlone crack in the fuel pump housing. Replaced that and no leaks!!

Archived