LegacyGT.com

Need help with stock radio wiring - 2012 Legacy

I recently purchased a 2012 Legacy 2.5i, base model, and the prev. owner has removed the wiring for the 1/8" aux input.

I am attempting to rewire the aux jack, which is located in the console between the front seats, but I am unable to locate a proper pinout/diagram. I am not sure if I am supposed to connect to the 20 pin or 24 pin connector.

The radio model # is 86201AJ64A. No Bluetooth, no Harmon Kardon speakers.

Any help appreciated! Thanks!:)

Sorry spaced on the 24pin need. Hard to find that. This may help, but I don't know if Subaru uses the same for that particular harness.

PDF from nasioc

Thanks for that link. Unfortunately, it is different than the one on our vech. Our 24 pin connector has 4 wires going to it, and they are in different pin positions than is shown on that diagram.

So close...but just can't find it in a world of google, lol.

The radio is a factory unit, I have i.d. it as the Panasonic PE645U1. I am still attempting to locate the wiring dia. for the aux in, which I believe to be on the 24 pin connector. If anyone here is better at google fu than I am, I certainly appreciate it!

Ha, ok well bear with me I'm still new to these cars (but not new to in-vehicle wiring at all)... It doesn't have the specific pinout, but the 4 wires in the 24-pin are referenced for the aux and amp signal. This is my last attempt! They say 3rd is the charm...

http://ae64.com/24-pin-aux-harness-LO.htm

I studied that one a few nights ago, and I was thinking it should be the correct one. Cross my fingers & go for it! I will report back with the results.

Great news! It works using that diagram. You must short the gray & tan wires together, and then connect red/red, white/white, standard audio wiring code & you are good to go. Now, if I could just get the usb input figured out, that would be awesome!

Archived