LegacyGT.com

About to buy, seeking advice.

Halleq

Greetings,

My fiancè and I are about to buy a 2017 Subaru Legacy 3.6R and would like some advice as to what we should be paying, keeping in mind that my local Subaru dealer has a 0% financing for the entire length of the loan, provided that you make every payment on time.

This is what we are looking at: 2017 3.6R

Now, I have an old co-worker buddy, who currently works for said local dealership. He told me that he could match this quote except for DMV fees (which is understandable). Does this seem reasonable with 0 percent? I am guessing that would equal out to 1500 to 2000 over the course of 6 years, but my math could be way off base.

Thank you in advance for any advice. :)

Not sure at what price point your working this, but remember, you negotiate from dealer invoice (not sticker price) - some dealers will even take some from their holdback dollars as well to make the sale.

That = less than dealer invoice as the sale price, which you would then add-in any applicable registration/title/tax fees. That also equals less tax paid.

That becomes the starting point for your 0% APR, otherwise it's >invoice and they're making up a good chunk on the elevated selling price.

Is there a trade-in involved?

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Archived