LegacyGT.com

Need help with installing new headdeck

Do.you.vapebro

Hey all new to the site.. ive recently purchased a 2004 3.0l flat6 legacy sedan and im not liking the original McIntosh headunit its ugly and just plain horrible to use i am wanting to replace it with a double din kenwood headdeck. How ever it has to be the most difficult thing i have ever tried attempting as your cant just pull the existing out and whack in a new one like pre 2000s model cars. Can anybody tell me what i need/best place to get new faceplates etc/best way to go about completing the task. Im in nz so the car is right hand drive. Cheers to any one who can help me ✌️✌️✌️

IMG_0754.thumb.JPG.3250f1d71559e5ee595c3a60c9cca44e.JPG

Head over to clubsub.org.nz

There's a few threads on there regarding this swap, just can't seem to find them right now. There are a few different ways to do it. The cleanest way if just swapping the HU would be to cut into the HU->amp cable and then wite that to the speaker out wires on the new HU

There's another method of opening up the amp and finding the spots where the speakers inputs are soldered on and connecting it there instead.

You can potentially just buy a fascia that fits the upper half and keeps the A/C controls in place but they don't always have the brackets for mounting the new HU with them.

I just scrapped the lot in mine and did new amps and speakers aswell as the HU

2000 Legacy B4 RSK - SOLD

2006 Legacy BP5 GT Spec B wagon - Garage Thread

2011 VW T5 van 2.0L of turbo diesel awesomeness

Archived