LegacyGT.com

Tire wear

I have this issue in my wagon. The rear tires toe in when the suspension is compressed (when going on a road trip with a few hundred pounds in the back) and the tires wear out. I'm planning to lift the rear an inch since it's really saggy and then have it aligned with a few sandbags in the hatch to simulate road trip conditions.

I have this issue in my wagon. The rear tires toe in when the suspension is compressed (when going on a road trip with a few hundred pounds in the back) and the tires wear out. I'm planning to lift the rear an inch since it's really saggy and then have it aligned with a few sandbags in the hatch to simulate road trip conditions.

That may be worn components unless you are confusing toe with camber. If the top of the tire tilts in, that is a camber problem. If the front of the tire turns inwards, then it's a toe problem.

That may be worn components unless you are confusing toe with camber. If the top of the tire tilts in, that is a camber problem. If the front of the tire turns inwards, then it's a toe problem.

On our cars, adjust camber via an aftermarket rear UCA bushing also affects toe. So, to get the toe perfect you might have more or less camber than you want.

On our cars, adjust camber via an aftermarket rear UCA bushing also affects toe. So, to get the toe perfect you might have more or less camber than you want.

Camber affects toe on every car which is why it gets adjusted prior to adjusting the toe. I was trying to help Arani with his particular problem.

Archived