LegacyGT.com

JDM Legacy GT Bang for buck mods?

Sorry for asking a questions that's probably been answered alot but I'm new to this forum and I tried to search for these threads but I either couldn't figuire out how to or else I was looking to the wrong place.

Anyway I have a JDM 5EAT Subaru Legacy GT 2007 all stock right now, the car I want to beat is a Honda Euro R. Over time I'm going to be doing more and more mods building up towards a VF52 but for now my main focus is that Honda. What is the best way for me to do so without blowing up my engine? I can't go for a Accessport since Cobb doesn't do JDM. I have thought about Electronic boost control or an exhaust upgrade, would anyone be able to lead me in the right direction for a bang for your buck mod they'll guarantee my friends to shut up about Vtec once and for all? Or maybe a thread about this?

Thanks in advance my bad for the noobness

bren tuning, EFI logics tuning, Tuning Alliance, Cryo Tune, Delicious Tuning, a solid safe stage 1 tune is all you need. if you want to go further its the same mod path as any other turbo Subaru. Downpipe, catback, maybe a CAI, EBCS, and good fuel

Wait do you have the 2.0gt or the 2.5gt . Regardless, your only option is a open source tune . If your running the vf44 i believe you can run the v439 but honestly that turbo is prone to failure. Your better off going aftermarket.

I bought an auto be more involved in my uninvolvedness . 200k+ Club

If you can't blind them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.

My high mileage turd.

Just to slow you down a bit before going too far.

Why would you want to go to a single scroll VF rather than staying with twinscroll options.

If going for a Single scroll turbo you'll need the headers and uppipe aswell. So you'd be looking at spending just as much as tou would on a set of STI twinscroll headers.

Should be able to hit around 180wkw on an auto with the stock turbo which should surely be enough to walk over a Euro R

An interesting concept would be seeing if a VF52 comp cover fits on a Vf37 turbo. Comp wheel is supposedly the same, and CHRA

And a VF39 is in no way a basic swap, comp outlet is different along with single vs twinscroll.

This is essentially the only 'easy' drop in option. Kinugawa offers the same turbo aswell.

http://shop.mambatek.com/GTX-Turbo-SUBARU-BP5-BL5-Legacy-Liberty-TD04HL-20T-9-Blade-001-0371.htm

2000 Legacy B4 RSK - SOLD

2006 Legacy BP5 GT Spec B wagon - Garage Thread

2011 VW T5 van 2.0L of turbo diesel awesomeness

Archived