LegacyGT.com

Idling and flat spot issues on SC 2.5 - help needed!

It seems that the ignition coil was the source of the flat spot / hesitation when accelerating. After replacing it, the problem seems to have gone.

Loaded an updated tune and will take it for a test drive tomorrow...fingers crossed all will be sorted.

• 2 weeks later...
I may have missed it, but have you tried trading your MAF out for a known good one? Also, have you changed your pcv valve recently?

Yes, on my 3rd MAF, it's new OEM. I have also replaced the pcv...forgot to mention it initially. It was 34 degrees here today and she ran badly, idling was up and down and even the hesitation when accelerating came back.:confused:

Cheers Rusty, will check it out!

its a fairly cheap part and i believe could help you if you look up other issues associated with it, you will see they are sort of similar.

neutral sensor safety switch, look into that ill see if i can find the main thread.

Cheers Rusty, will check it out!

Hey Rusty,

I'm not getting any error codes or symptoms that are associated with a faulty neutral sensor safety switch. These are some of the symptoms that one would have which I found online. I have none of these issues.

1. Engine will not crank in park but cranks in neutral

2. Engine will not crank in neutral but cranks in park

3. Engine does not crank at all, regardless of the transmission gear

4. Engine cranks in any gear

Thanks anyway, do appreciate it!

here are the problems I was talking about

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/jerky-5-speed-manual-189786.html

these people had no codes most of the time just sort of jerky throttle response when driving.

and im sorry it is a long one.

somewhere around posts 110 it starts to get good

unless you have a automatic then never-mind to all of this. but i thought i saw a clutch master cylinder in your pictures.

I do have an auto (4EAT), apologies should have stated it in my first post. Will read that thread to get a better idea anyway. Cheers mate!

here are the problems I was talking about

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/jerky-5-speed-manual-189786.html

these people had no codes most of the time just sort of jerky throttle response when driving.

and im sorry it is a long one.

somewhere around posts 110 it starts to get good

unless you have a automatic then never-mind to all of this. but i thought i saw a clutch master cylinder in your pictures.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived