LegacyGT.com

Grassroots Motorsports gets cheep on us!

Tommyh

Ok, so the title is a misnomer of sorts.

Those who read this section of the forums are probably familier with GRM and if not, should be. From now until Oct. 31 GRM is selling 10 year subscriptions to Grassroots Motorsports (80 issues) for $99.99. This is probably the single best investment in your car/motorsports addiction you can possibly make. I'll be making a call down to GRM sales as soon as I get done posting this to order up my own decade long subcription and 2 more GRM stickers.

Check out the details here.

(oh, and I am in no way affiliated with GRM, GRM staff or any such stuff)

$2004 Challenge builder/competitor - TommyH

Martin Luther - "Who loves not women, wine and song remains a fool his whole life long."

EL4NFZT7

I sold a Mazda GTX to some guys from who went on onto place 2nd or so in the 2001 (I think) challenge. They did it the real way- found my stock GTX beater ad and went from there. After they paid me $1300 it was a tough job to upgrade the car and they ultimately lost on cosmetics. You see a lot of suspect stories- bought race car with 2 engines for $600, sold one engine for $1300... It really is a lot of fun to see what people come up with though.

Ok, so the title is a misnomer of sorts.

Those who read this section of the forums are probably familier with GRM and if not, should be. From now until Oct. 31 GRM is selling 10 year subscriptions to Grassroots Motorsports (80 issues) for $99.99. This is probably the single best investment in your car/motorsports addiction you can possibly make. I'll be making a call down to GRM sales as soon as I get done posting this to order up my own decade long subcription and 2 more GRM stickers.

Check out the details here.

(oh, and I am in no way affiliated with GRM, GRM staff or any such stuff)

$2004 Challenge builder/competitor - TommyH

We placed 32 in a '94 Saturn SL2 with a stock drive train that was bought for $1750. After all modifications, the total spent out of pocket came to $1778 (or so, I don't have our finnal tally in front of me). All in all, not to shabby for a bunch of rookies with only 4 New England winter months to work on the car. Having been there to witness it, I'd say that on the whole the competitors are on the up and up. All it takes is a boat load of creativity, and the skills to put that creativity to work. Our best 1/4 mile time was 15.334; we could have done better in the drag races if we didn't have -3.5 camber in the front wheels for the auto-x part of the competition. we drove the car from ME to FL, competed (a.k.a. beat the living snot out of the car), and back to ME with no problems save for a massive exhaust leak that we caused ourselves.

I want to go back!

Martin Luther - "Who loves not women, wine and song remains a fool his whole life long."

EL4NFZT7

Archived