LegacyGT.com

Door lock electrical issues

Shogun506

My legacy's electric door locks just decided to quit working last week before a long road trip. Here's the situation:

1. Key fob is perfectly fine, sends the signal to unlock the doors. I know because the car flashes as it should when I use the lock/unlock on the remote.

2. Manual locks on the doors work fine and are the only way of locking the car now.

3. The front door switch that locks/unlocks the doors electrically makes a clicking noise and doesn't do anything to the locks.

4. If I tell the car to lock with the fob the lights will flash (doors won't actually lock) and if I then try to open the door it will open and the alarm will sound.

I feel like this is an issue where the car is not sending the signal to the locks as it should rather than an actuator issue, otherwise all the actuators quit working at exactly the same time, including the tailgate. The car is receiving the signal from the fob but isn't doing anything with it. The electrical door lock switch doesn't seem to be sending a signal either. Is there something like a fuse or relay for this I can change?

From what I see in the schematic, the acctuators are controlled from the B.I.U. (body integrated unit). So if you are sending signals to it and no output, I would start by checking the power fuses to the B.I.U. They are as follows according to the schematic. Fuse #3 inside fuse box, Fuse #7 inside fuse box, Fuse #12 inside fuse box and Fuse #8 main fuse box. If none of those are it, check EVERY fuse in both fuse box's. If that doesn't work, then the output of the B.I.U. maybe bad, a bad or loose connector or ground. That's about as much info I can give by looking at the schematic and not physically being able to see the car.

Archived