LegacyGT.com

Legacy GT vs Infiniti G35x vs Volvo S60R

Gumby, thats an awefully bold statement, and I don't necessarily believe it. Their heavier weights and more lbs/hp willadverselyaffect the Volvo & Infiniti. I guess I haven't honestly "researched" the S60R after seeing reviews and video reviews that showed the car to still understeer in the hardest setting as most will. I do love the idea of adjustable suspension.

[quote name='PPower']Gumby, thats an awefully bold statement, and I don't necessarily believe it. Their heavier weights and more lbs/hp willadverselyaffect the Volvo & Infiniti. I guess I haven't honestly "researched" the S60R after seeing reviews and video reviews that showed the car to still understeer in the hardest setting as most will. I do love the idea of adjustable suspension.[/quote] People in R forum of the sweedspeed forums still say that the adjustable suspension is not as hot as they mae it sound. On the other hand I heard better things for the adjustable suspension the Mercedes is putting in the E500 and E55. But then again the price is way more... Cheers Nick

The S60R has a reduced power output for the GT (Geartronic...automatics), so the 6 spd MT is really the only way to buy this car for the enthusiast. I have driven an "R" in Vegas with about 1000 miles on the car, and I was ALONE (no salesman). The S60R is in need of additional suspension tuning IMO, and the cars middle setting was the only one that felt halfway decent for street driving. This car does push hard (understeer) when pushed hard. Remember, the S60R is billed as an M3 alternative (so I tested it that way... :lol: ) by Volvo at their dealerships. This car is nowhere near the "M", but it is a very nice package that is more about "finesse" than "race", and this is not necessarily bad.

Archived